In most people, sinusitis develops after a cold or flu-like illness.
When the lining of the sinuses is at all swollen, the swelling interferes with the normal flow of mucus. Trapped mucus can then fill the sinuses, causing an uncomfortable sensation of pressure and providing an excellent environment for the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Acute sinusitis means that the infection develops quickly (over a few days) and lasts a short time. Many cases of acute sinusitis last a week or so, but it is not unusual for it to last 2-3 weeks (that is, longer than most colds).
SYMPTOMS OF SINUSITIS
- A blocked or runny nose. If your nose produces green or yellow mucus, you probably have a bacterial infection.
- Pain and tenderness in the face (near the infected sinuses). You may experience a throbbing pain that is worse when you move your head, and toothache or pain in your jaw when you eat.
- A high temperature.
OTHER POSSIBLE SYMPTOMS INCLUDE:
- A sinus headache
- A cough
- Bad breath (halitosis)
- Pressure in your ears
- Loss of taste and smell
HOW SALT CAN HELP
- It kills bacteria
- It has mucolytic effects, meaning it helps to shift retained mucus and reduce the chance of infection
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It reduces IgE levels, meaning the immune system becomes less oversensitive
HOW THE SALT CLINIC CAN HELP
Salt Therapy is a clinically proven, natural, safe and beneficial method of treatment for every age group. Visiting one of our Salt Rooms and breathing in the saline aerosol generated by our machine can significantly help to:
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Reduce the need for inhalers and antibiotics
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the sinuses
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthen your immune system Prolong remission times
- Improve general health and quality of life
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU COME
15-20 sessions are recommended or long term results. With irreversible conditions you may need to come for more sessions. The sessions should be frequent; about three a week is suggested. In most patients, after a course of Salt Therapy, airways become normal and symptoms disappear. The treatment’s efficacy is estimated at 75-98%. Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions, if they start to feel poorly, e.g. they are coming down with a cold.
Why not contact us now to book your first introductory Salt Therapy session absolutely free with no obligations.