ABOUT CYSTIC FIBROSIS
It is estimated that one in every 2,500 babies born in the UK will be born with cystic fibrosis and there are over 9,000 people living with the condition in this country. Difficulty breathing is the most serious symptom and results from frequent lung infections – these can be treated, though not cured, by antibiotics and other medications.
SYMPTOMS OF CYSTIC FIBROSIS
- Troublesome cough
- Repeated chest infections
- Sinus infections
- Poor growth
HOW THE SALT CLINIC CAN HELP
If your child suffers from cystic fibrosis, you should seriously consider Salt Therapy. Not only will it bring much-needed relief, but it also prevents symptoms recurring so frequently.
To get a better understanding of how salt can help, first of all we need to know what kind of properties salt has.
- It kills bacteria (the salt dries out all the germs and bacteria in the respiratory system)
- Anti- Inflammatory (Based on clinical studies, the dry, saline diffused air reduces inflammation in the whole respiratory tract)
- It has mucolytic effects, meaning it helps to shift retained mucus and reduce the chance of infection.
Salt Therapy is a clinically proven natural, safe and beneficial method of treatment for every age group. By visiting one of our Salt Rooms and breathing in the saline aerosol generated by our machine it can significantly help to:
- Reduce the need for inhalers and antibiotics
- Make your child’s breathing easier after just a few sessions
- Improve lung function
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthen your child’s immune system, and restore energy levels
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU COME?
Depending on age 20-30 sessions are recommended for long term results.
The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
Then follow-up sessions every two to three months are recommended to maintain clear lungs.
Why not contact us now to book your first introductory Salt Therapy session absolutely free with no obligation.