Bronchiectasis is an abnormal widening of one or more airways. Extra mucus is made in the abnormal airways – collecting at the “humps” – and this is prone to infection, with the main symptom being a cough which produces sputum and leads to constant tiredness.
Treatment often includes regular physiotherapy and courses of antibiotics, which in some cases may be long term. Inhalers and even surgery are other options. The severity of symptoms varies widely. Some people have only a few while others’ are wide ranging and occur daily. Some people with bronchiectasis also have chronic sinusitis, which may cause an increase in mucus from the nose. Recurring chest infections are common as excessive mucus is a perfect place for bacteria to multiply.
HOW SALT CAN HELP
- It kills bacteria, which is a major element of bronchiectasis
- It has mucolytic effects, meaning it helps to shift retained mucus and reduce the chance of infection
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It reduces IgE levels, meaning the immune system becomes less oversensitive
HOW THE SALT CLINIC CAN HELP
If you are suffering from bronchiectasis, you should consider Salt Therapy. Not only will it bring much-needed relief, but it also prevents the frequency of symptoms occurring.
Salt Therapy is a clinically proven natural, safe and beneficial method of treatment for every age group. By visiting one of our Salt Rooms and breathing in the saline aerosol generated by our machine it can significantly help to:
- Reduce the need for antibiotics
- Make your breathing easier after just a few sessions
- Improve lung function
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthen your immune system